Boston children's hospital + harvard medical school
Contract Product Designer
January 2021 - June 2021tools
Figma, Miro, Quant UX, Squarespace
Designing and developing an educational website about key conditions and treatments in pediatric plastic and oral surgery for residents to prepare for surgeries.View Project Deck
+ Project executed through a volunteering program [Develop For Good]
+ Worked with 3 designers, 1 developer, 1 project manager + 1 mentor
The lack in pediatric plastic and oral surgery online tools makes it difficult for medical students and residents to find department-relevant medical resources.
03. final design
takeaways + challenges:
1. Difficult to schedule user research sessions which delayed our process. Since our users are a very niche group, it was challenging to reach a large number of users.
2. Encountered technical restraints but we were able to quickly adapt our final designs to meet the constraints Squarespace posed.
3. Our design is tailored lot more to our primary user [residents] than our secondary user [medical students].
4. Working with a team allowed me to gain multiple perspectives and sharpen my UX research skills.
5. The site will be published once our client has added all the content onto the site!